Friday, November 26, 2010

black friday


I've got to admit that I've never really been shopping on black Friday.. Today I am hiding in the house writing a blog because as exciting as the sale is, I'm not sure if I could handle the crowd. I can't imagine standing in line for hours for something, I think I'd rather just pay a few extra dollars for the convenience (and extra sleep).

My father-in-law was shocked to find out yesterday why this day is really called black Friday. I will share the insight with you:
Every year companies strive to make a profit, but they usually stay in the red. The extreme sale and the mass of shoppers, however, are enough to pull the numbers from the red, up to the black.
Maybe not the most exciting explanation, but it makes sense.

so this will be my daughter's first Christmas, and the big question is what do you get a 4 month old baby for Christmas? I asked her and here is what she said..



First is the Lady Ann doll house kit from Melissa and Doug. when I was younger I had a doll house my uncle made for me that I loved playing with so I hope she can enjoy it as much as I did. this kit makes 9/10 rooms and is left blank so you can decorate it however you please.
This doll house can be found here for $399.99.

I first saw the B. Zany Zoo when I was walking around Target. I instantly fell in love with this and all the other B. products. I have fun just looking at this one so I can only imagine how much fun it will be for Lorelei to play with.
The B. Zany Zoo can be found at Target and is on sale for $47.99.

Lorelei's little bum needs some more diapers. I've pictured a bumGenius diaper which I really like. I have one large one that we aren't able to use yet, but i'd really like to get some more. Plus some made by work at home moms that have pretty girly patterns. You can buy your own BumGenius diapers here. Prices may vary.






In the end all that really matters is that I will be able to spend this Christmas with my family. I found out I was pregnant the day after Christmas last year. My husband had left for Afghanistan just 2 weeks before. Now we are together and will get to spend it with Lorelei.

No comments:

Post a Comment