Monday, December 27, 2010

No Poo

I have wanted a White Christmas my entire life, but it has never happened. I was ok with that. We live in Georgia, we hardly know what cold is. My little sweet pea got snow her first Christmas. Snowballs flew everywhere.. Her daddy got hit in the eye and uncle got hit in the forehead. I missed it but I'm sure it will be talked about from now on. And who said global warming was real?

Have you ever seen a picture of a REAL snowflake? I always thought they were just globs of ice, not anything like drawings of snowflakes, but no, they are just like those unreal looking snowflakes.. just beautiful.


I have never been much for all natural type stuff.. organic doesn't impress me and I have never taken the time to sort and recycle. Maybe that's not something to be proud of, I don't know. I don't litter and dump harmful chemicals into the ocean, I just don't go out of my way to do more...

That is until now...

I've got to say that using cloth diapers have opened my eyes to so many other things. A lot of natural things are not only better for the environment but they are better for you and your wallet.. ( I hate the "your wallet" line but it just fit). 

Lets start with cloth diapers. I will never run out of diapers. Ever. I bought one size diapers and they will fit my daughter until she is ready to potty train. I spent at the most $200 for my entire stash. I could even make or buy wipes but I found it easier for me to just use huggies. I do get the "natural" ones. I think they smell really good.

They even make feminine products. I can't imagine washing them even though I'm sure its a breeze, as is cloth diapers, but it is just one nasty line that I am not willing to cross. I must say though from what I've seen they are really cute, and it would be so nice if I didn't have to buy any more ever month or so.

Next is something I've been wanting to try: its called "No Poo." I first read about it because the title caught my eye.. Don't ask me why I was attracted to the title "No Poo" but once I read about it I became really interested. It is a homemade mixture to use instead of shampoo. I figured it'd be difficult like the homemade baby formula, but all it is is baking soda and water. I have heard that after using it that women's hair has been better than ever before. They have had no more problems with greasy or oily hair and it is just all around healthier. Along with the ease of it, just imagine how much money you would save if you didn't have to buy shampoo anymore. Just a tablespoon of baking soda and a little bit of water whenever you washed. I won't go into details and just give you a link

Along with cloth diapers I'm considering dumping the paper towels and using some un-paper towels. They are exactly what they sound like. Hand towels used in the kitchen, or all around the house, but instead of buying a roll of paper towels every week you just throw them in the wash. The more I look into these the more I like. Plus its another something to hang on my clothes line once it gets warm again. (for the time they line is in front of the window in my daughters room. where it gets the most light)



I've got to stop now. The more I type the more I want to go dig out my sewing machine. I will be going to Joanns this week I believe!


No comments:

Post a Comment