Sunday, January 16, 2011

Thankful thoughts...

I haven't done this in a while, but here I go again. I have a lot to be thankful for.

  1. The sleeping baby swinging in front of me. The peaceful look on her face always makes me smile.
  2. Sweet pea is getting to the point where she is starting to laugh. I make funny sounds in attempts to make her laugh, and the second she starts I smile so big I can't make the sound anymore.
  3. Our medical insurance. I have had quite a week with Lorelei. We've had to go to the emergency room, then to the doctor where we had to get what looks like a baby asthma inhaler. We haven't had to pay a penny.
  4. The lady at the base medical center. I've only been in there maybe 5 times. Most of those were to get our insurance straightened out at this new base. I called the other day after we went to the ER to set up an appointment and pretty much all I said was "Lorelei has RSV and we need to set up an appointment." The second I walk in she calls Lorelei by name and asks about how she is doing with the RSV. I was impressed how well she remembered. The same lady always offer to hold Lorelei so I can get things done for myself while I'm there.
  5. The amount of money I saved at the grocery store, and the fact that I'm learning to coupon. There is something about a full pantry that just makes me feel secure. 
  6. Cloth diapers. Not having to worry about running out of disposables is really calming.
  7. The load of formula I found at Goodwill. All unopened, and still in date. I haven't had to buy this paycheck and it has really helped.
  8. The fact that Lorelei now fits in our Britax convertible carseat that we got for FREE! This huge carseat just makes me feel safe.
  9. And lastly, I'm thankful that I could go on much longer listing things that I'm thankful for, but I'll save that for another post.

No comments:

Post a Comment