- The sleeping baby swinging in front of me. The peaceful look on her face always makes me smile.
- Sweet pea is getting to the point where she is starting to laugh. I make funny sounds in attempts to make her laugh, and the second she starts I smile so big I can't make the sound anymore.
- Our medical insurance. I have had quite a week with Lorelei. We've had to go to the emergency room, then to the doctor where we had to get what looks like a baby asthma inhaler. We haven't had to pay a penny.
- The lady at the base medical center. I've only been in there maybe 5 times. Most of those were to get our insurance straightened out at this new base. I called the other day after we went to the ER to set up an appointment and pretty much all I said was "Lorelei has RSV and we need to set up an appointment." The second I walk in she calls Lorelei by name and asks about how she is doing with the RSV. I was impressed how well she remembered. The same lady always offer to hold Lorelei so I can get things done for myself while I'm there.
- The amount of money I saved at the grocery store, and the fact that I'm learning to coupon. There is something about a full pantry that just makes me feel secure.
- Cloth diapers. Not having to worry about running out of disposables is really calming.
- The load of formula I found at Goodwill. All unopened, and still in date. I haven't had to buy this paycheck and it has really helped.
- The fact that Lorelei now fits in our Britax convertible carseat that we got for FREE! This huge carseat just makes me feel safe.
- And lastly, I'm thankful that I could go on much longer listing things that I'm thankful for, but I'll save that for another post.
Sunday, January 16, 2011
I haven't done this in a while, but here I go again. I have a lot to be thankful for.