Sunday, April 10, 2011

I've stayed away lately because I've just been having a really hard time. I've never been so down in the dumps in my life. I hated to come on here and spread it around to anyone who may be reading. Since I've never had to deal with it I wasn't really sure what to do about depression. The only two things that came to my mind were counseling and medications. I immediately put the medications out of my mind. I really try to steer clear of anything that has to do with drugs. I don't want to have to depend on drugs to make me feel better. Last time I talked to a counselor all she did was judge me and make me feel horrible for doing things that had nothing to do with why I was talking to her. Things that were none of her business and things that weren't bad at all in the first place.

So after a good swift kick in the behind and some time spent with my family I'm feeling better. Not sure if I'm 100 percent yet, but I know I'm better. I didn't dread getting out of bed this morning. I didn't want to be alone and I didn't avoid my husband at all costs. 

I've been listening to a Christian radio station and heard the other day that "happiness isn't found, its created." Isn't that good to know? I don't have to wait to find something to be happy about. It is up to me to create happiness in what I'm given. It is up to me to decide whether I'm going to be happy about something or not. It is up to me to decide if I'm going to become upset or if I'm going to just keep going on. 

:)

No comments:

Post a Comment