Wednesday, April 20, 2011

Things to do before I die...

This is going to be a little different. Not exactly things that I want to do, but things I want to do for Lorelei. Here is a short list of stuff that I want to do to create great memories for my baby...

I want to surprise her with a trip to Disney World - I love those Disney World commercials with the screaming kids that just found out they are going on vacation. When she is older I want the family to get in the car, as if we are going to the grocery store, and just keep driving. As we pull into Orlando, or maybe even as we are headed into the park we will break the news. I don't want to do it at the beginning of the trip because she'll talk about it the whole way. I want that excitement to be fresh when we get there! If she is ANYTHING like me she will absolutely love Disney World.

Tumblr_lhllvyai0e1qg4mjr_large

For the next deployment, I want a surprise homecoming for Lorelei - I love the look on kid's faces when they see their daddy for the first time after a deployment. The face they make as they run into his arms is priceless. Can you tell I love surprises? We could wrap him up in a box or have him appear at the zoo or something. Anything that will make it even more memorable than it already is!

Be003756_large

I want to spend a day with her watching her explore a discovery museum - I went to a discovery museum when I was around 12. I was almost too old for it, but I still thought it was amazing. Actually, to this day I still find those types of things amazing. How fun would it be to watch her push buttons, jump on things to make sounds and just create whatever she can create.

Get her that one big crazy present she wants for Christmas or her birthday one year - There is always that one big thing we want every year, but its always so big we know we'll never get it.. I want her to think that, but then splurge and get it anyways!

Take her to her favorite band's concert - One thing I remember from growing up is going to really great concerts. I believe that after seeing the concert it makes you feel even more connected to the music and like you know the artist better.

Skip school for something completely random - Whether it be to go to the museum like I talked about earlier, or to go to the theater, having your mom pull you out of school to do something fun is awesome. I loved when my mom did stuff like this with me!


No comments:

Post a Comment