Wednesday, May 4, 2011

Homeschooling

I've been having ideas lately, that I'm not sure if I'm ready to share with my whole family and the world yet, so I'm just going to share it here...

I'm seriously considering homeschooling Lorelei.

I know, probably not a big deal, I just have a feeling when I bring it up people will second guess me and ask me if I'm serious. They'll ask me if I've really looked into all of the work it takes and if I think I'm really willing to do it.

The answer is yes. I've researched it. I know it takes a lot of work. I know it is a big job to take on and that it won't be just sitting around the house all day looking at books. I know that, and I want to do it.

When I think of regular schools I think of concrete walls, hundreds of kids in desks all writing the same things, bullies, boring books, dying to escape and all of the other things that just go along with a school.

When I think of homeschooling I think of creative children, museums, art projects, an interest to learn an create. I want my daughter to want to learn. I want her to be able to learn from not just me, but her surroundings. I want her to be able to explore the world and figure stuff out, not just see stuff in books while sitting in a desk in a big concrete building while a hundred other kids read (and are bored by) the same stuff. I want her to feel free.

I just had to get that out there. That is why I feel homeschooling is best for us.

Kids-see-classroom_large

No comments:

Post a Comment