Saturday, May 7, 2011

I've had the homeschooling on my mind a lot the past few days. I talked to my husband about it and he was super supportive about it.  The more I think about it the more I love it, and the more I am scared! 

I worry that I won't do the best and maybe she'd be better with a professional. I worry that it'll be a big deal if she misses all of the normal school things like prom and graduation. Maybe it won't even cross her mind. I was reading a forum earlier today that was talking about a homeschooler's friends always complaining of being bored. The homeschooled kids never seemed to have this problem. I wonder if Lorelei's life would be that much better? That she would never stop to think that she is bored. She would be having fun learning and creating and being a kid in all the ways that other kids have forgotten how to.

The more I think about it the pros outweigh the cons. If it comes to a point that she wants to try public/private school then maybe we'll let her, but for now I'll stick to my homeschooling ideas.


No comments:

Post a Comment