Saturday, June 4, 2011

How the lottery could change my life..


I have been day dreaming a lot lately. I know I shouldn't, but I wonder what it would be like to be ridiculously rich. I stayed up too late one night watching "The Lottery Changed my Life" on TLC and now I'm just dreaming. I don't even play the lottery, and don't plan to start, but oh how nice it would be to win!

Now I'm the last person to think money will bring happiness.. Happiness is something you need to find in yourself. The thing about having a lot of money is you wouldn't have that stress of worrying about bills and such. I think in that way you will find happiness. Not in the possesions, but in the financial security.

We've never had a lot of money, but because of David being enlisted we have a steady paycheck and great benefits. We don't have to worry about him being laid off, and we have great insurance. Money is really tight, but we have what we need, and even what we want. But I wouldn't be human if I didn't wonder what it'd be like to have more.

What would you do if you woke up in the morning and had an unlimited cash flow? The first thing I would do? As simple as this sounds I would go buy a new camera. I really want a new Nikon. The shutter speed is a neccesity when it comes to taking pictures of little babies who like to change their facial expression when they hear the click of a camera. I'm sure I'm going to want a camera to take pictures of what ever comes next.

Tumblr_lkrh78ydkk1qf7enho1_500_large_large

Next, I would call and pay off David's truck. That is where a majority of our money goes. We also have a little money on a credit card so I'd pay that off too...

Now with no debt, what should I do? I think I'll trade in my car. I have a 97 Maxima. I like my car, but its old and beat up. I'd really like a SUV or something a bit bigger. I was going to say I would get a used car because of the thousands of dollars lost when you drive a new car off the lot, but I have unlimited cash so who cares. New car it is!

So where is the first place I'll go in my new car? I would love to go shopping. I have never just gone out and bought a bunch of clothes. I need some new pants, shirts, a purse or two (or five) and some shoes. While I'm at it David could use some new clothes too, and while Lorelei doesnt' need any clothes I'm sure we'll find her something. I would like a big new bag to use as a diaper bag.

While we're out shopping we might as well get some fun stuff. There are a bunch video games that I'm sure David would like. God forbit I get let loose in an office supply store. I don't even need an office to work in other than my couponing, but gosh I could buy a bunch of post it notes and pencil cups.

After I cleaned out and donated a bunch of the toys that are in our house that Lorelei doesn't play with yet, I will buy some more toys. I want one of those big kitchen play sets.

Shopping_300x400_large_150564137_large

Big question - living arrangments. Would we move? I'm honestly not sure. I might would go house hunting. Let me do a bit of googling right now. Well, I was going to say no, I'll stay, but I find a house currently for sale that I like. The problem with moving is that I'd have to hire movers. Then I'll have to decorate. With money I guess its not a big deal, and may actually be fun. I am horrible at cleaning and I'm sure I'd be overwhelmed with such a big house so I'll have to hire help.
 
 
Sorry, weird white space...

 
nice kitchen huh..


With a new house our old stuff will look like crap. I love a lot of our furniture. I love our sofa, and entertainment center. I even love our coffee table. In the living room the only things I'd really change are the end tables. I would still need help decorating though. And look at that kitchen!! Our table and bar stools don't match that. We have to match! The decorator will also be needed to get me cute knick knacks to fill the space on the counters. Oh and Lorelei's room. That will be fun. My imagination is going to run wild with that! Here's a nice start:

Tumblr_lexke2zoda1qzh5j8o1_500_large

And every rich child needs a play room.. note the vintage looking play kitchen and grocery cart! I could see this being a good home schooling room too! I'd like to add more color but what a great room!

Playroom1_large

Now that all is done on the homefront we'll have to go visit other places. First stop: Charleston. This has to be my favorite city in the WORLD! There is so much to do that I've always been too broke to do. So more shopping, more touristing, and more having fun.

193029901_595583aa8f_z_large

While I'm there I believe I'll get a vacation house. I'd like to visit more, and stay longer.

2821988_611250.jpg
This is pretty nice. The price tag is high, and I wasn't sure why until I saw the back yard...

2821988_0080000.jpg
Yep, thats the bridge. what you can't see too is the hot tub that would be right to the left of this... hmmm :) happy vacationing.

There are other places I'd like to visit though that I've never been before. I'd love to tour Europe. Just the classics that everyone else wants to see. I'd also like to go to California and get a little star struck. I'd love to tour the WB stage where Gilmore Girls was filmed. It was also where The Dukes of Hazzard, Norbit and many other shows/movies have been filmed.

109064917_669f849851_z_large

After all of this I can't think of anything I could possibly want. Everything I've mentioned I will share with my family. I would build my mom a house. She deserves it. I will take care of her. Same for the in-laws. I wouldn't just roll in money for the rest of my life. I may go back to school since tuition isnt' an issue. I would start a business. Not sure what I'd sell.. Cloth diapers maybe? I guess I could sell anything and everything I like. I wouldn't completely spoil Lorelei. She may have an allowance when she gets older, but she'll have to help with chores in order to get it. School (homeschool) and grades will be important. Just because she's rich doesn't mean she doesn't have to be smart. I'll put money away for her to go to college. Also, I'd give a lot. I might be able to do some extreme couponing if I have more money to invest in it. Then I could donate everything I get from it. I would also be able to teach everyone else how to do it and save money. I wouldn't want to be a stuck up wealthy woman. I just want to be me. I will still eat at the same small town restaurants and probably still be a penny pincher. I would have to twist my own arm to throw down money like I just talked about. It is so much fun to dream though.

No comments:

Post a Comment