Tuesday, July 26, 2011

Lesson for today:

NOTHING is ever safe online. Your opinion isn't safe. This isn't safe. Your feelings aren't safe. And even if you apologize for stating an opinion or your feelings it won't matter.

I said some things earlier that I didn't think were a big deal in a public forum. I was frustrated with a situation so I just did a short vent. I got all kinds of "wows" and "I sure hope this is a joke" like what I said was really that outrageous. Maybe it was, but I made sure to explain... like it matters.

I found myself apologizing when I probably really didn't need to apologize, and explaining myself over and over.

The worst part is that people I had really come to respect were the ones who turned on me and bashed my opinion/vent. Instead of the "sorry you're having a hard time" or just not saying anything I get bashed. Again and again. I can't delete it because then I'll get bashed for that. I can't call them out on it because then I'll get bashed for that. Even though all I really want to say is "I respected you and you can't even be the least bit understanding..." it just kinda hurts.

So here I am on my blog, that hardly anyone knows about. I just want to curl up in a ball and sit in a corner and cry.

1 comment:

  1. Some people have no consideration for other people's feelings. As if being behind a computer screen makes them feel more powerful. Don't let others get you down.

    ReplyDelete