Monday, December 5, 2011

Crafty Christmas

So its getting close to Christmas and we are on a tight budget.. Luckily I've been shopping for Lorelei since last Christmas so all of her stuff is done. The Marine's Toys for Tots program also gives a bag of stuff to us each year so that is also a big blessing. For the past few months we have also bought one gift per paycheck for each special person on our list.. Like one paycheck we got something for my mom, one paycheck we got something for David's mom, then his dad.. It didn't take long to get those done.. 

So now that its December we only have two people left. We draw names on David's side of the family every year and this year we have his aunt and her daughter. I'm not sure what to do for them. I asked around the family and they said "Just give them cash or a gift card," but I really don't want to do that. What is the point of giving Christmas gifts if you just swap cash.. I can already tell if we only do cash then the extent of our interaction at Christmas dinner is the exchange of the money. I am really wanting to make them something special that they will enjoy and remember, instead of just giving them money they will blow with one trip to Wal-Mart.

So now I'm working on some crafty gifts. I'm really at a loss of what to make because I honestly don't know them that well. Right now I'm knitting with intentions of making a purse or bag.. I've never made this before so I'm just winging it. I've thought of making a peppermint sugar scrub too, but my problem is that the gift should be worth about $25 so that it is all fair, and I know just a little sugar scrub isn't worth that much.

I really need some more ideas. I have spent hours searching Pinterest and can't seem to find anything..




On a more personal note - Lorelei is walking. I smile every time I see her dash across a room. It is so sweet to see this little person who was once just 9lbs, and is now running back and forth and stopping occasionally to give me a huge hug!

I've also been visiting a nutritionist, gotten a work out buddy, and other healthy things and I have now lost 19lbs. I have been slacking the past week or so, but I'm not giving up. I've felt so much better. Its amazing what healthy eating can do for you. On Friday I ran for the first time since high school. I know running doesn't seem like a big deal, but I honestly didn't think I could do it. I felt like I was going to die afterwards, but I was so proud of myself.

No comments:

Post a Comment