Thursday, May 23, 2013

Coming Clean..

I am ready to be honest.

I've spent way too much time in the past two days reading "A Slob Comes Clean."

In those two days I have first come to the conclusion that this woman is my long lost sister. Everything she writes I feel like I could write myself. Second, if she can work at this with multiple kids and all that she seems to have going on in her life, I could do this with my boring self and only one kid.

I know I have no excuses, but keeping my house clean and free of clutter is one of my biggest struggles. All of the thoughts that run through my head, all of my subconscious problems, I have read on "A Slob Comes Clean."

One example.. I'm sitting on the sofa doing something, or nothing really, just watching tv... I see some trash that needs to be thrown away, or laundry needs to be done.. I just think "I'm doing something now, I'll do it when I'm done."

Except when I get up from what I'm doing, I usually have something else to do like going to the kitchen or to the bathroom.. To do nothing important really.

I'm going to have to make a conscious effort to do this, to keep my house clean. Not just clean it, but keep it up.

I like the way she started by giving herself "non-negotiable tasks." Doing one a week and consciously following through until a habit is formed is a good idea. Not overwhelming.

Keywords here: Consciously.. I have to remind myself. I have to make an effort to do things that seem to come so easily to other people..  Non-negotialble.. I can't just say "I did it yesterday." Yes, I did do this yesterday, but I'm going to do it again today, and then again tomorrow. That is how the house stays clean. Habit.. If I keep doing this hopefully I will start doing it habitually. I won't have to think about it so much.

I'm not writing this to copy "A Slob Comes Clean." I just need somewhere to be honest, and to be accountable, even if it is only to myself. Maybe embarrassing pictures will help.. I will upload them later. Right now I need to find nasal spray so I can breathe!

No comments:

Post a Comment