Saturday, May 25, 2013

Goals

So I've decided I should make a goal.. Keeping a clean house of course is the overall goal, and will be an ongoing thing for the rest of my life, or at least until I win the lottery and can hire a maid, but as I'm creating new habits I would like a final list of what I'm aiming to do..

Many times before I've made a list of what cleaning I should do each day. Like wash linens on Monday, deep clean bathrooms on Tuesday, mop floors on Wednesday... You get where I'm going.. I need a final list.. I need a daily list of all the habits I want to create in myself, and a weekly list..


Here it is:

Daily...

  • Run Dishwasher at Night
  • Empty Dishwasher in the Morning
  • Make Bed
  • A load of laundry
  • Quick Pick Up Around the House
  • Sweep (I vacuum, but this is just meant to be a quick clean, not deep clean)
  • Clean Kitchen
  • Wipe Down Bathrooms
Weekly...
  • Monday - 
    • Wash Sheets (Every other Monday)
    • More Detailed Vacuum and Mop (Living Room)
  • Tuesday - 
    • Deep Clean Kitchen
    • Detailed Vacuum and Mop (Kitchen)
  • Wednesday - 
    • Deep Clean Bathrooms
    • Detailed Mop (Bathrooms)
  • Thursday -
    • Upstairs -
      • Clean Office
      • Clean Lorelei's Room
      • Clean Master Bedroom
      • Vacuum Upstairs
  • Friday - 
    • Details in the Living Room
    • Vacuum and Mop (Living Room)
  • Weekends -
    • Keep up with Daily Tasks
    • Enjoy :)

So that is it, it isn't a long list.. The thing is though, if I were to do that list right now, it would be so much! I haven't kept up with all of this like I should have been so I'm behind. My hope is that I can get caught up and stay caught up. Once I am caught up these weekly tasks won't get so far behind and won't be so far to do.

I'm starting with developing daily habits, as I saw on aslobcomesclean.com.. It seemed like a logical system and one that would work for my stubborn ways. As with the site I just started making sure I did a load of dishes each night and unloaded them the next day. I'm really proud to say that for the past week I've stuck to it. She says that she always runs it even if it isn't full, but I can't bring myself to do it. It has to be at least half full for me. Last night I only had a couple of cups and a plate and some of my tips for cake decorating and it I didn't run it. I did however continue loading it today and ran it tonight. No dishes were left out. To me that is the whole point, getting it done, not running the dishwasher for the sake of running the dishwasher. I'm not saying that is how the other site says, I'm just saying what works for me and what rules I find acceptable.

So anyways, I've been doing dishes every night, and unloading them the next day. That is the first habit I'm trying to create. I think on Monday or Tuesday I am going to add in making the bed. I've done this before and loved it, I just let life happen and got out of the habit and now I miss it. I don't want to be overwhelmed though. I may do it this weekend, but if not it is not a problem. The same with the weekly tasks, they aren't "non-negotiable" right now, but I will probably try to start them. The only "non-negotiable" for me right now is the dishes, and starting next week the bed.. Slowly I will keep adding more tasks as I feel comfortable and hopefully I can keep it up..

No comments:

Post a Comment