Wednesday, May 29, 2013

Stitches.

Today I decided to make a list of at least 5 things I wanted to accomplish on top of my daily task of doing dishes.

1. Complete at least one load of laundry and put all laundry away.
2. Clean the master bedroom and bathroom, wash the bed sheets.
3. Declutter the desk that is downstairs.
4. Vacuum the hallway upstairs.
5. Clean Lorelei's room.

So this morning I was up early. Actually I never fully went to bed last night so I gave up around 5:30am and just started my day. I unloaded and reloaded the dishwasher. I had a few things to eat and I put the dishes away as I dirtied them. Then I cleaned off the desk, its not perfect, but its going to take some more creative thinking for me to finish because there are wires and stuff that I don't know how to hide. Next I cleaned out the downstairs closet. This wasn't on my list, but I'm glad I did it. While I was doing that Lorelei waked up and decided to help.

It felt nice letting her help me instead of pushing her out of the way. The house wasn't a complete disaster so I didn't have to worry about her messing much up. I decided once we finished that and I got her something to eat that we should tackle her room.

Her room was fairly easy as I expected. It was around 10:30 - 11 by the time we got to it and I wanted to finish completely by nap time. I went through her drawers and pulled out what didn't fit. Her drawers are mostly empty because I suck at laundry so most are dirty, and she likes to pull everything into the floor anyways, so clean stuff ends up in the dirty pile, which is now all in my laundry room. And by the way, by this time I was on my second load of laundry, none folded yet though.

So I was working on this while she was sitting nearby watching Cars 2. She loves Pixar movies, and I can't say that I blame her. I pulled stuff out of her closet floor that has been there since we've moved in. I'm pretty sure I'm going to list it on the facebook yard sale page. Once the closet floor was clean, trash was picked up, clothes organized better, and the few toys she has in there were in their place I decided to go ahead and vacuum, and then let her lay down for her name.

She always has the most fun when I vacuum. She pretends to be scared of it, but I know she's not. She jumps up on to her bed as if she is trying to get away, and then when she thinks its out of the way she runs to the rocking chair and jumps up on it. She did that back and forth ten or more times today. She started getting braver about it and eventually she ran to her closet, which was now full of clutter so she could walk right in. I was in the very last corner of the room when she ran into the closet and slammed the sliding door behind her. It was loud, even over the already loud vacuum, but I heard her start screaming.

I picked her up and held her tight, because that was what my mama instincts tell me to do. We sat right down in her rocking chair and I tried to calm her down, but it wasn't working. I pulled her away and looked at her hand and caught a glimpse of my shirt covered in blood. I looked at the floor, which also had blood on it. I ran with her to the bathroom and was rinsing it off, thinking no big deal, just a little blood, but then once it was clean I saw it.. It was gross. (Warning: Nasty picture ahead)



So at first I wasn't sure if I was just overreacting, because I'm a mom and I tend to do that with baby cuts and bruises. I called my mom and asked her what she thought. Should I bandage it up or take her to the ER? Then I called the medical clinic we go to and they had no openings so we just went to the ER. Thankfully nothing was broken, but it definitely needed stitches. She also got a splint to keep it safe. It was a really simple and quick procedure, but the wait time was ridiculous. We got there a little before 1and didn't get out until after 4.




By that time we were starving so we got food, and ran by the craft store to pick up some baskets to help me organize some stuff I pulled out of the closet from downstairs. Now its almost 7 and we're just getting home and I don't plan on doing another thing. My cleaning plans went out the window. Well, maybe I'll finish vacuuming since the vacuum is still sitting there.  Tomorrow is another day though and I plan to finish my list. Here's what is left..

1. Laundry.. the chore that never ends
2. Clean Master bedroom, bathroom, and wash sheets.

Wow, I guess thats not as much as I thought it'd be. Maybe I'll add another task if I feel like I have time. My mom is coming tomorrow afternoon. It does feel good knowing I don't have to bust my butt cleaning before she comes though, I'm just doing projects I had planned on doing anyways. The main rooms I focus on before she comes are already done.

No comments:

Post a Comment