Friday, May 31, 2013

Why do I?

Why do I do this to myself so often? After doing so well last night too... It is 1:30 in the morning. I'm at a point in cleaning out my pantry that I can't just stop, but it is starting to get overwhelming. Actually, it got overwhelming a while ago and I kept going. Now I have boxes all over my floor and stuff crowding my countertops that I don't want back in the pantry, but I'm not sure where else to put it either.

Here is my problem... I started couponing. Really, its an amazing hobby I picked up. It has saved my family thousands since I started 2.5 years ago, but my pantry is loaded. The ironic thing about this too is that I HATE cooking. However, it is comforting to know that I could go without grocery shopping for a month or more and be set on food. I thought this before I went through my pantry, but know I'm certain. I also have maybe 15 cans of Cream of Mushroom soup.. I don't like Cream of Mushroom, I prefer Cream of Chicken, which I only had maybe 5 of. I guess I can make do.

Here is the exciting part though... I can see my pantry floor. I also made space for my cake decorating supplies. Another awesome thing that I didn't find hardly any expired food... (( I didn't check the 10 boxes of pasta =/ ))

So now I need to decide should I just get as much as I can in the next half hour and call it a night, since I need to be up by 8, or should I just push it all to the side and say screw it? Pulling an all nighter is also an option, but not a good one.

I think I'll give myself until 2 and be done.

No comments:

Post a Comment