Saturday, June 15, 2013

I need to...

I'm going to be honest, I've fallen behind. Not as bad as it was to begin with, but still worse than it should be.

Friday was supposed to be an easy day. A day with only optional chores. Simple things that could be put off if I wanted to just rest instead, which I did. I was so pleased my house was clean enough that I had the luxury to decide to just rest and not have a total mess. But then everything changed.

It started with my daughter not taking a nap. This happens often, but it was especially bad on Friday because I thought she was napping, so I decided to nap too. The problem was that since she didn't nap she went downstairs. Downstairs her curiosity got the best of her and she opened the refrigerator. She grabbed the bucket of spreadable butter and by the handful she scooped it out and rubbed it all over the sofa. Once the sofa was covered she proceeded to cover the floor in front of the sofa.

I sent her to grandma's house for the weekend.

I was so mad. Not with my daughter anymore. After she got in trouble for her mess she went and took a nap and woke up like the sweet and wonderful child I know her to be. Now I was mad because my easy day/weekend of minimal chores was turning to crap.

It is now Saturday night. The dishes aren't done, in fact one is covered in butter. If I never see butter again it will be too soon. My sofa still has butter soaked into its depths. I spent an hour at least shampooing it and I'm probably not even halfway done. The floor in front of my sofa seems like it will be slippery forever. I'll need to get the steam mop out and move everything and mop it, which sucks because I've already done this twice this month! If only my daughter would stop making messes! Trash is building up and I keep acting like I can ignore it because I have more important butter things to take care of.

Its just tiring thinking of all the things I need to do right now.

I need to finish shampooing my sofa.
I need to mop the floor.
I need to do the dishes.
I need to do a load of laundry.
I need to throw out the trash.
I need to do my homework.
I need to clean the kitchen counter.
I need to sleep.

1 comment:

  1. Lol this sounds very familiar. My daughter is dismantling my sewing machine and I need to do laundry, dishes, vacuum, scrub the counters, table and Island

    ReplyDelete