Friday, June 21, 2013

If only..

I have this image in my head of how our life should be.

I wake up early full of energy and ready to face the day. I remember to take all of my vitamins. I have a nice morning routine that includes things like wiping down my bathroom and doing my make up and hair so I look close to perfect. I also empty the dishwasher because I always remember to run it the night before. Of course, I wake up way before the baby so I have free time to do stuff like read my Bible and drink hot tea.

Once baby wakes up I make breakfast, because I woke up so early that after all of this it still isn't noon. It is a peaceful morning with no yelling or fussing. Immediately after breakfast I clean the dishes and put them in the dishwasher.

The rest of the morning consists of fun playing and simple chores that I don't mind doing. Then at lunch I happily fix sandwiches, or some other lunch food. We eat and again I put the dishes straight into the dishwasher. My sink is always spotless.

After lunch is nap time. Baby lays down without a fight. She goes right to sleep and I have time to do some more chores around the house. That didn't take long so I have time to do some homework so I don't put it off until Sunday night.

Nap time is over so baby wakes up. She gets a snack and rests peacefully on the sofa watching a cartoon before she heads back to play. I prepare dinner because daddy will be home soon.

Daddy comes home and plays with baby while I cook dinner. We all eat together happily in our clean house. Afterwards I put all the dishes from dinner in the dishwasher and turn it on. More play time follows dinner time. Then bath time for baby and right to bed, where she happily falls asleep. Mommy and Daddy have some time together before an early bedtime where they rest peacefully and get lots of rest so they can wake up happy and full of energy the next day.


Here's the problem = That day is rare. It has happened, but only once or twice. Nothing ever seems to all fall into place on the same day. Little pieces of that day happen everyday, but rarely all at once.

I've come to realize though that I am not that person. I'm not a morning person. I hate to cook. I have the best intentions, but honestly what works for some people doesn't work for me.

I dream of being so organized, but I know I'm not good at keeping it up, at least not now. I know I need to start with small projects and build my way up.


As for my house right now... its a wreck. My week has been tiring. Well, actually my week has been calm, but I can't seem to make it through a day without a nap. My body just won't let it happen. I'm hoping I can bring it back this weekend. Wish me luck.

No comments:

Post a Comment