Tuesday, June 4, 2013

I'm working on it..

Last night was really nice. My mom and her friend visited, and because I have been keeping up with housework it was still clean when she left. I had done the dishes like I was supposed to before she got there, dinner was fixed, cleaned up after, and this morning its like it never happened.. That is except for the yummy leftovers in the fridge.

I keep noticing stuff around the house that needs doing though, stuff that I normally wouldn't notice under all the other stuff.. Like last night I washed my curtains. Curtains we got when we first got married 4.5 years ago and have never washed.

I'm going over my daily list and seeing what needs to be done though.. I'm really having to make myself do stuff today.. I'm working on Monday and Tuesday since I didn't do much of anything yesterday other than daily stuff..


Daily:
  • Make bed
  • Dishes
  • Pick up
  • Use small vac over downstairs
  • Laundry (in progress)
  • Wipe down bathrooms (I haven't officially made this a must item yet)
Monday
  • Deep clean kitchen
  • Deep vacuum downstairs (I decided to deep clean the actual vacuum instead)
Tuesday
  • Wash sheets (every 2 weeks) (done last week)
  • Clean master bedroom (Clean, needs some minor decluttering of the dresser)
  • Clean Lorelei's room (after nap time)
  • Vacuum upstairs (Vacuum is being cleaned)
As I go through this I realize I need to not get so down on myself for not finishing the list.. I'm leaps and bounds further than I was just 2 weeks ago. Two weeks ago I had a sink full of dishes, clutter and mess all over my house, and my laundry was about 15 loads behind. Now my laundry is caught up, I've done dishes every day and kept it caught up, and at first glance my house is clean. I still need to do some deep cleaning and scrubbing, but it will get done in time, and I'm ok with that.

No comments:

Post a Comment