Saturday, June 1, 2013

Lazy slob..

I just finished reading A Slob Comes Clean e-book about decluttering, which makes me really want to declutter my house. Selling all these toys and making a little bit of money feels good, I want to keep going! I need to pace myself though. I realize now on the surface most of my house looks decent, but there are tons of little decluttering projects I can do. I just need to take one at a time. I was thinking maybe one a day, or every other day, however I feel like doing it. I just need to make sure I don't overwhelm myself with it all right out of the gate.

Another thing I've noticed is that I am blind to my own mess, but the second my husband makes the slightest mess I get defensive over my space and have him clean it up. He and I are probably equal when it comes to mess and slobishness, but I'm just blind to my own. He is probably blind to his too.

I just had a brilliant idea.. Declutter, sell the junk, save the money.. and at the end hire a maid to do the deep cleaning.. Bleh, I'm too frugal.. I'll just do it myself, but it was a decent idea.

On the brightside, I have made my bed for two days in a row. Even today I caught myself thinking "I'll go to the bathroom first and come back." or do whatever, and then come back. Then when I stood up I figured I might as well do it now, I have no excuse not to. That way I won't have an excuse not  to come back.

No comments:

Post a Comment