Monday, June 3, 2013

This feels good..

I haven't felt this in a while. My kitchen counter is completely clear or clutter and wiped down. My sink is shinny, and my dishes are clean, except for the few in the dishwasher that aren't enough to make a load, and I'm the type who has to have it at least like 75% full to run it.

I'm noticing though that even with all the junk gone that doesn't belong there, it seems like I have too much on my counter. I think I'm going to go through and get rid of some stuff. Right now just by looking at it I see a tiny pitcher that is purely for decoration.. I never intentionally put it there, it just got there one day and decided to make a home. There is also a big clear glass jar full of pasta, which isn't my style anymore, its just stuck. There is a wooden block full of spice tubes, also purely decoration. More like it gets in the way though. It needs to go.

I also think I'm going to move my bread box. I love it, my uncle made it and it serves a purpose, but its so bulky in the corner. I'm not going to get rid of it, just move it.

Another thing that makes my kitchen look really cluttered... all the junk on the refrigerator. My grandfather has always hated stuff posted all over the fridge, and now I see it. He has always been a very tidy man and it only makes sense that he wants a clear refrigerator. I've got it packed full of random stuff. I'm sure it can all easily find a home somewhere else. I do believe I'll leave the dry erase board up there though. And the top of my fridge is overcrowded too.

How many times can one say fridge/refrigerator in one paragraph.... hmm.. only 4? I thought it was more than that..

In the future, I really need to remember to take before and after pictures.

Now that the weekend is over I am really pleased with myself. I kept up with the dishes, did laundry (with a huge help from my mom) and my kitchen is clean! My bedroom is also clean and the bed has been made up every day this weekend.

Now I just have the overwhelming urge to lay in bed and watch Gilmore Girls.

No comments:

Post a Comment