Wednesday, August 28, 2013

Parties, cleaning, and books.

Tonight is my last night at home before going back home for Lorelei's party. Last year we had it here, but I decided this year it may be easier for all of our family if we do it closer to them.

So I have had so much to do this week, and I'm just now getting around to it tonight. That is so typical of me. My house has been a mess and then tonight I get it in my brain that maybe I should clean it before I leave so I don't come home to a mess.. We will see if that works out or if I end up passing out first.

The good news is that I cleaned my car out just a few minutes ago. That is a big accomplishment for me. To be honest, I've been hoping it would bother my husband first and he would volunteer to go do it. I guess it didn't bother him that bad.

Another accomplishment is that I have everything ready that I can so far for Lorelei's party. So what exactly do I have left to do here? I need to clean all the toys and trash and crap out of my living room and kitchen. I need to finish the load of clothes that is washing now and put it all in my suitcase so I can take it with me tomorrow. I need to consider doing dishes (or just ask my husband to do them tomorrow - which will mean I will have to redo them when I get home on Monday). I need to vacuum my living room and kitchen because God knows whats living under all this mess, and I spilled some sugar in the kitchen. I need to take out the trash, because its to the point where I'm avoiding going into the pantry, where the trashcan is located. Last, but not least, I need to sleep.

So what have I been doing all week instead of this? Uhm, nothing. We slept until 11 today. I don't even know how. Lorelei usually wakes up around 9, but today I ended up waking her up. Then, a little after 12 she wanted to go and lay back down. She isn't sick, I guess she just wanted to cuddle. I've also been reading a book. Its a book that has been on my shelf for over a year. I got it at Books a Million on sale, it was one of those BOGO things, and it was only like $3 to begin with so the book nerd in me couldn't say no. I decided the other day that I needed to take a break from the computer screen and my phone. Every so often I spend way too much time at the computer and my eyes will freak out or I will get a horrible headache, or both. Earlier this week I got the headache. It started one evening and woke me up all throughout the night. The next morning it was so bad I felt sick. After taking some strong meds it went away thank God, but after that I decided to read a book to keep me away from the screen. I'm happy though, because this book is actually pretty good. Maybe I should read a few of the others on the shelf. There are a few I'd like to re-read too.

I've always wanted to write a book. When I was younger I had this notebook and actually wrote a long story in most of it. I think my problem is that I always write about something too personal without trying to be personal about it. Either I need to own it, or write about something completely fictional. Another problem, I come up with genius ideas at night, and never get up and write them down.

Now the question is, will I clean my house or sit here and try to start writing a book....

No comments:

Post a Comment