Saturday, July 11, 2015

Sorry guys...

I was checking the blogosphere today and I see that I haven't posted since 2013. I read once to have a successful blog you shouldn't come in saying things like "Sorry guys, I haven't posted in 2 years," but sorry guys.. I haven't posted in 2 years. I got busy with life. If I'm really honest, I haven't had much to say. I always feel like a blog needs a theme. I have followed organizing blogs, craft blogs, food blogs... but what is my blog? My brain is all over the place I would probably give you whip-lash.

Something exciting though... while I was checking in I saw I was getting traffic in here from pinterest. I haven't pinned my own stuff, but when I looked someone else pinned a picture I posted of a vintage dollhouse. I guess it doesn't really pertain to me or my blog at all, but hey I'm getting like 2 people in from that so its better than nothing.

So what has happened in the past 2 years...

  • We had a baby. Jesse is now the sweetest 17 month old boy I've ever seen. I use to judge "mama's boys" but this child makes my heart sing when he acts like a mama's boy. Having a second baby is so scary, but it has been amazing.
  • W e are done with the military and have moved back home, which was also scary! I'm so glad to be home though, even though I miss all the benefits of military living. 
  • I probably didn't keep up with any "resolution" I made 2 years ago. I haven't lost weight, my house is still a mess, I'm still addicted to my iPhone.. I still coupon occasionally, but not like I did, not like I intended to. Two kids makes it hard to keep it up.
  • We almost bought a house. Of course we found a house we loved. It was perfect for us, and a good price too. A good price until we had it inspected and found it needed a new roof and there was leaking in the walls. It was probably about to be a big mold nightmare and a money pit so we backed out. I'm still pretty bummed cause we loved the bones of the house, but those kinds of issues can't be overlooked.. We are taking a break from house hunting now.
  • My identity was stolen! We filed taxes back in February and were getting all excited about getting a refund when I got a call that someone had already used my social security number to file. That was a huge headache! Its now July and we still haven't got our refund.
  • I found out I have hypothyroidism. I actually may have found that out before my last post, but I don't think I've mentioned it. It isn't a big deal really, I don't treat it after I spent a year taking medicines that never helped. They want your thyroid levels to be at a certain number, and even when mine were where they were supposed to be I still had all the symptoms I had before. The worst is being tired. Its not like you take a nap and its all good. Its like a mental exhaustion that you can't shake. I think of all the things I need to do, and want to do, but don't have the energy to do any of it. It makes it to where I can't remember things like I should and can't focus as well. I'm about to start trying essential oils to see if that'll help.
So that's that. I came back after researching how to make money blogging and with essential oils, but I'm not a promoter. I'm not one to sell stuff. This blog was originally made because I needed an outlet. If you remember before Facebook there was MySpace where you could write long posts, and before that there was Xanga which was primarily just blog posts. That is where I started. I needed somewhere to post my feelings and Facebook doesn't do it for me. I'm also the type that would rather shut up instead of offending someone so I may not be the best blogger anyways. And I've probably already broken all the rules from that "what not to do if you want a successful" blog post I read way back when, even though the only rule I remember is to not say "sorry guys, I haven't posted in 2 years." And with that, I'm done.

No comments:

Post a Comment