Sunday, June 5, 2016

But what does it mean!?

I started this blog back in 2010. I'm pretty sure I had postpartum depression, but I was in a mental place where I thought that I had no reason to be unhappy about anything. Everything is great and I have no right to be depressed. This is something I still struggle with. Every time I get a little blue my brain refuses to let it be ok. It is more like "Why are you upset? What about those people who are dying or so much worse off than you?! They can be upset, you have no reason to be though." I have to remind myself it is ok to be unhappy sometimes. It is ok to feel the way you are feeling. I just have to make sure I don't dwell. I've gotta get myself up and keep going.

Back to the point though, in 2010 I needed an outlet. In the middle of the night I decided to start this blog. I have no direction I'm trying to go, I just need somewhere to write things when my brain gets overloaded.

The big question is, what does Raining Parade mean? The answer is I honestly don't really know anymore.

Thinking back on it I felt like everyday something was raining on my parade, but the beauty of it all is dancing in the rain. Oh my gosh, how cliche though! I imagine the rain pouring, but just standing in it all thinking it is so refreshing. Sometimes you just need the rain to wash things away so you can start over.

So there it is.. Who knows what "Raining Parade" means.. It is something positive though, thats for sure!

No comments:

Post a Comment