Tuesday, June 14, 2016

Pent up energy..

In the past five years I have had no energy. I was diagnosed with hypothyroidism and I blame that. I guess I could also blame my diet and lack of exercise, but its just a vicious circle really.

The other energy I lack is more creative in nature. At some point that spark just sort of dimmed and I had no more creative ideas. My brain just can't come up with original ideas. In fact, from the time I started writing this until now, I've already forgotten what my point was (forgetfulness is a symptom of hypothyroidism btw).

I have been wanting to blog. I need to write, I have things to say. I brainstorm topics that I think may be interesting to people other than just me, but I don't know how to create them in a way that is visually appealing.

I bought a Nikon years ago. When I worked for a newspaper right out of high school I used their fancy Nikon and it was amazing. I was so impressed with the pictures I took. I spent $500 on this thing and I'm lost. My spark went out the day I left the news room. Let me take this chance to say that owning a fancy camera does not make you a professional photographer. I feel that I have an "eye" for pictures, I just haven't mastered the lighting and focus yet.

I've had so many dreams of creating these amazing publications. I love my local community and feel like I need to share what all we have to offer. It is the type of place where everyone can't wait to leave, but I'm in a place where I see the value in just settling down.

I'm also to the point where I have everything I need.. Space, time, everything.. All I have to do is take advantage of what I'm given. Its time to figure out how to do that.

I will start now by watching Youtube and learning all about my camera.

No comments:

Post a Comment