So going off my last post I have made a list of 12 things to do and keep up in 2012. It may be pretty cliche, but it is stuff I honestly want to accomplish in my life. These are things I have been thinking about for a while, but having a time frame (1 year :: Jan 1- Dec 31) makes it a bit easier, maybe? So here is my refined list - 12 things in 2012
- Participate in at least one fiscal fast - No spending for 1 week (if I decide to do more than one, or say 1 per month, I will lessen the time to maybe 3-4 days at a time).
- Lose 75lbs. Like I said - cliche. But honestly, I need to lose more than that. I think the time frame is realistic.
- Save $1,500 ($125 a month). In total it really doesn't seem like much, but just saving $5 a month is more than we are doing now. I think I may cut this in half and save $750 and give $750. Either way I won't be just spending that $1,500 on junk.
- Finish Christmas shopping by Dec. 1. I know I can do this one. I almost had it done this year and then fell a little behind.
- Complete the 52 Weeks of Organization (www.orgjunkie.com). I have a list printed and will add a picture. This will help me get my house to where I want it to be. Also take before and after pictures.
- Take a vacation. We haven't taken a real vacation since our honeymoon. Whether it be a family vacation, or just me and David, we need to get away!
- Stick to a budget. David and I have talked about making one, but we just always forget. I hope that if we make one and stick to it then it will help us with all of our other financial goals.
- Attend church regularly. We have finally found a church we really enjoy. I want to become active members.
- Sew more. Once I do that I want to sell at least one thing that I have made. Maybe if I get good enough this can be another source of income.
- Take more pictures. I am thinking about getting a new camera with our tax return and I want to take tons of pictures of Lorelei so she (and her kids, and grandkids) can look back on them later.
- Keep up the laundry. This is one of the things I'm worst about. So this one is a lot more challenging than it sounds.
- Read a book a month. Even if I have already read it I want to read at least one book a month. If I can accomplish this goal then next year I will make the goal of reading at least one a month that I haven't read.
So to keep me organized with all of this stuff I'm going to have going on I am putting together a binder.. I'm not sure what it is about office supplies that inspires me to organize.
I have made some different sections. I have pictured home and school, but I also have a health section, and I'm considering adding a section for the books I plan on reading this coming year. Also I should probably add a budget section.
Back to the organizing though.. I mentioned I was going to do the 52 Weeks of Organization. I will share my list so far...
I've only gotten half of the list made up, but I honestly can not think of another thing to organize.. I also see myself doing more than one of these a week. My plan is if I run out of things to do from the list, I will just start all over again and making sure everything is kept up.
Well.. I guess I'll come back here to keep myself motivated and accountable. Thanks blogger.